August 06, 2011

Inspiring Hands That Create Opera


"Click on photo's to enlarge details"

Turn up volume, enjoy the music

Hands that have created French opera, I am taking ownership to the deed of my own opera theatre. I became a creator of an opera theatre that nudged me to feel something deep in my soul while tugging at desire to create with all the passion I could find, letting the opera theatre sing its own story.

Another set of hands that created opera are the hands of a dear friend Anita, at http://wwwcastlescrownscottages.blogspot.com her opera theatre leads to la piece d'inspiration (the piece that inspired) After then seeing Anita's beautiful opera shows and her grand stage of opera it was all I could think about creating next.

I artfully created paper doll mice who sing opera beautifully.


In my hands a perfect thrift find, a crumbling old mantle clock concealed what beauty it could be. I then took this empty box with a broken door to my home studio where fragments and pieces with history find themselves allowing me to give new life to an overly tired box that once held a clock. It was a perfect piece of French brocante, not valuable but not worthless, altering what it was, to what I envisioned it to become, giving it a life to treasure.

Opera lessons in creating rustic European romantic history, I then added theatre drapes for the last curtain call across the stage made from vintage ephemera book pages adhered to scalloped trim and by twisting wire and beaded pearls together I was able to create a grand theatre chandelier. Painting with plaster and paint I gave the walls centuries of historical decay and neglect making it a magical theatre that performs operatically romancing a heart.


My daughter Hannah now in college, inspired the role the mice would play in being included in the opera. She had a doll house that I created for her when she was 4 where people did not live, but small sweet mice did at her request. It only seemed fitting that village mice would play a roll in singing the opera in their new opera theatre. You know what they say, "It's not over until the fat mouse sings"

Inspiring hands that create opera with French brocante. I added all the embellishments from my salvaged brocante pieces to a plain nothing box. After it was given opera life my daughter Hannah had a request that I gift it to her, so someday she can pass it on to her child (tear) For now it has found a perfect place as part of the French flea market decor in her bedroom.

37 comments:

Tiff said...

What a stunning piece of art! You are so talented! I adore the whitewashed appearance and the little mice are just a perfect touch! That is such a gorgeous piece! I think Anita is very inspiring too! x

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Wow that is an amazing work of art ~ I just love the details and always love the colors that you create with ~
Thank you for sharing with us !

xoxo
Lori

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ma belle, JE SUIS EMUE...VRAIMENT TOUCHÉE! Dearest one, THANK YOU for sharing this beautiful piece with us. I am so happy to know that I had an influence in helping you see the possibilities of this mantel clock. What you have done with it is SENSATIONAL! I have another little cabinet that I plan on transforming. I will send you a picture of it. But what you have here is very special to me. I feel a great part of this, for if JUST MY LOVE of the theatre, dance, opera and FRENCH COMÉDIE, I can dream through our small creations, then THAT IS ENOUGH FOR ME....MORE TO COME, I AM SURE, and I will be there with you. MERCI BIEN POUR M'AVOIR INVITÉE....Bises, Anita

time worn interiors said...

Lovely!
tot

Unknown said...

...oh Dore!
i * am * mesmerized

i so very much wish we lived within walking distance of each other...you peaceful, serene world is such a welcomed nudging influence on my heart...and on my soul...

oh how i delight in this newest creation my friend...

and i love where it now resides...in the space of your beloved girl...anticipating a moment in time that it will inspire yet another whole generation of dreamers...

xo, Rosemary

JoAnne said...

What a wonderful piece!

LuLu said...

I am a new reader and so lucky to have found your inspiring blog. What a creative way to repurpose...beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous piece! You are so creative and inspiring. I'm sure she enjoys having such a incredible piece of art :)

Divine Theatre said...

It is magical...

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Oh my dear! You always seem to "Rock" my socks right off...........It's amazing just like you~Cheers Kim xox

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Absolutely stunning! I love it!!

Suz said...

What a beautiful little vintage piece. Your instructions were inspiring for those of us who are in the beginning stages of vintage art.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

*Truly Magical*

Anonymous said...

I just love this!! You are so very talented! Have a lovely week Xoxoxox

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, Dore, this is purely magical, my friend!!! So, so gorgeous and I adore the music too...You are just so talented!!!
XO
Cindy

Anna at the Doll House said...

Here is all the magic and theatre of the opera translated into the stuff that dreams are made of: I am enchanted.

I have to see more of your very special blog, so, I am your newest follower.

Anna

Christel said...

Dear Dore, You and Anita, how perfect is that! I love her blog, as well as yours. I often feel much the same after visiting you both! Beautiful, inspiring, tranquil, relics. Always magic in the air where you have been, and with everything you touch! Love this piece, and the hands,... very soulful. xoxox Christel

Seawashed said...

Magically whimsical. One of my children's favorite stories to read outloud when they were little was The Great Redwall Feast by Brian Jacques and these mice remind me of the mice characters of that wonderful book! Lovely lovely. ox Kerrie

La Dolfina said...

Oh Dore, this is my favorite creation of yours to date... and it is perfect for Hannah. I'm so glad she laid claim to it!
Please if you make another I would love one!
In fact, I'd love to offer them in our new shop that is opening this Thursday.
We should talk...
Hope you two had a beautiful weekend :)
Lots of Love,
Terri

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Doré, thank you for visiting today. I just realized that I have ANOTHER cabinet that can be converted into a theatre! I need you advice on it. I need to take a picture of it and you can then offer advice on it. it is really similar to what you have here. Are you enjoying it? I so love mine at night with the lights! YOU JUST LET ME KNOW ABOUT A play or presentation you might want to do. I am always willing!!!! Anita

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love the old world feel you created Dore. Just beautiful, and the mice are so whimsical.

Jill said...

A fanciful and whimsical creations ... I adore it!
xo
Jill

Jilly said...

That is really an amazing work of art. I really like the details and the colors that you create with it is exquisite. Hope you two had a beautiful weekend.
detektiv

Valerie@chateaualamode.typepad.com said...

How absolutely gorgeous. You are so talented.

jacklynn4 said...

Stunning. J'adore collage/assemblage...

Vintage Home said...

Your imagination has no bounds.......lucky for us it is inspirational and delightful! thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning, dahling!! And the beautiful music adds to the wonderful mood of your amazing talent.

big kisses and hugs xxoo
Gwynnie

Anonymous said...

So beautiful my sweet friend!!! I am as always in awe of your talent and the beauty that you create with everything you touch!!
Hope your having a lovely week.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh I am so doing this. I must! It is so fabulous, I can't wait! Thank you so much for the inspiration.
Patti

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Dear Dore,
this is a truly magical piece of art!!!Thanks for sharing.Have a wonderful week my friend.
Hugs,
Marie

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Amazing!!!!!!LOVE it:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Dore,
It is always so wonderful to hear from you!!
And of course you know I love this opera
house--it is brilliant!!!

xo
Cindy

The Dutchess said...

Wonderful..Miss Moussie loves it..:)))

Mélanie A. said...

Love your creativity . This dream opera looks fantastic

Renee Granier said...

What creative inspiration lies within one person is such a gift form GOD! We adore seeing such talent being revealed! Thank you for sharing!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

XO,
Renee and Angela

Pamela said...

Oh Dore how do you come up with such amazing creations? This is incredible!!! I love it!
I think the creative jean went to this twin and not me lol !!!
How truly wonderful that your daughter appreciates your art! That is a gift in itself!
Pamela xoox

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Love love your whitewashed pieces! Everything in this post is just gorgeous Dore!!! Wow!