August 29, 2017

Burlap Luxe Salvage French Home

Burlap Luxe
Salvage French Home

Philocaly
"The Love Of Beauty" 

Rarely, will a piece make it into my home
 before I give it a paint finish.
 
 French Iron Lantern

Salvaged from a Malibu seaside home 
remodeling job.
I had my sights on this spirited piece,
finding comfort in pieces with
history and age.
 Washed By The Salted Breeze

"Gracious it sits as a side table lamp, 
lighting pieces with country French style."
 A Mix Of Antique European Style

"I love the mix of pieces that curate a style of
 relaxed rustic French".

 Ticking And French Linen

Old and rural a fabric of choice
.
 Rustic Paint Finishes

I love creating heartbreaking old finishes.
 French Shutter

Naturally weathered and will be refinished in
a paler patina of what I call old.
 Burlap Luxe Art
~Dore Callaway

Latest rose wreath art piece made of cartapesta, salvage wood, 
garden wire, and paints adding a French feel to this 
art piece.

Hand sculpted roses, leaves and twigs in cartapesta mounted on
layers of salvage rustic woods and vintage wire mesh that spoke to me 
artfully.
 

Created In Rustic Decay

Artistically created with heart and soul.
 


 Vintage Dictionary Ephemera
Reads...
Three main classes of garden roses.
 
 Burlap Luxe Art
Will be found in my Burlap Luxe etsy.

Linked here, click on link...Burlap Luxe etsy shop

xx
Dore Callaway
The writer and artist
of
Burlap Luxe

15 comments:

michele said...

Beautiful examples of your style and timeless mood. Like you, I'll never tire of painting junk white and reviving the castoffs. Time for me to get into the studio and create fall and holiday magic. xox

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Beautiful, Dore. I love everything you have created here. xoox

I am slowly working on my table. Not much to report other than, I found out it was covered with tons of latex paint. I put it outside and the summer heat almost melted it, and it ended up being easier to scrap off and tear off than sand off. Funny... It looked like plastic... The two sides of the table were done differently. One has such a pretty gray color... the other revealed wood stain... Not worried... I will make it work...

Méa Strauß said...

Doré, so full of thought. Nothing loud in this French spirit home, just grace - does not take much, no showing off, but the effect is even stronger.
Style written by a hand so gifted, creating an atmophere, that breathes pure beauty. And like the heart of it all, your heavenly creation, so much care in all you do! You can feel your caring and all your devotion just by looking at these pictures. And yes, the salvaged pieces you brought to life, I know so much, how this feels.
Wonderful is your world!
I hug you, my dear Doré, have magical days - your friend Méa :))

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Doré a visit to your home and etsy store calms ... embraced by your paler shades of faux and created faded palate. Your talent is impressive and your latest art pieces are delightful.
xoxo,
Vera

Sherry said...

bits of beauty ..
elegance. ♥

Junkchiccottage said...

Swooning through the beauty here Dore. Happy New Week.
xoxo
Kris

Katie Mansfield said...

The chandelier is gorgeous. I love it, Dore. Wonderful treasures.

Bente said...

How I love that french iron lanterne, Dore. Also your creations are so beautiful. You are such a talent my friend.
Hugs from here

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I admire your talents so much. You are so consistently true to your beautiful style.

It's me said...

Wowwww Dore ....love it all...you make Great things...love What you do.....love love love ria x ❤️

Rhonda said...

You make me want to pick up my paint brush and get busy! I have so many frames and chairs to finish painting and your post was the push I needed.

Dore, your beautiful style will forever be my favorite Rustic French style.

Loi Thai, Tone on Tone said...

Beautiful patina! That lantern is a treasure. I can't resist old iron pieces.
Happy weekend, Dore.
xoxo
L

Christel said...

Dear Dore, well, where do I begin? Firstly, I suppose I should apologize for my hiatus..I have been terrible these past few months about posting to my own blog, let alone visiting anyone else's! So glad I am here to see what magic you have created, and breathe in the fresh air you supply! I love the Iron lantern! such grace! Everything you touch seems to turn to gold...well white, rustic gold that is. I have been so busy these past months with family, and health issues for both my husband, and myself. I am back in full swing now, creating an entire new set of OZ characters! They were so much fun, come see when you have a minute! As always sweet lady, such beauty you have created, timeless treasures are new again within your heart, and hands. xoxo Christel

the gardener's cottage said...

i just can't get over how talented you are. i adore the old lantern i bet it looks amazing at night in your gorgeous home. i'll be in victorville next week, maybe we can meet?! x

Elizabeth at Eiffel Tells said...

Your creativity never ceases to inspire me. I've tried to emulate your painted finishes with little success and unfortunately i haven't your wonderful flare for styling. Bisous.